The Media 'Frenzy'

Hello,

Welcome welcome welcome, to the latest edition of The Arctic Rider blog.

Its now only 75 days until I attempt to ride the length of the UK in less than 24 hours to raise money for The Tiny Lives Trust... man I'm getting excited.

Post-brew at the Tiny Lives office
A few weeks ago I popped into the Tiny Lives office, leathers and all, to give the team an update of my plans. In return I was given a very tasty cuppa, a choccy biscuit, and some encouragement from the team.

The past week has been a media frenzy for The Arctic Rider and The Stuart family. Islay (with Kirsty and I) recently starred in new film being produced for Tiny Lives to help raised awareness of parents' journeys when having a premature or sick baby who is helped by Ward 35 at the RVI in Newcastle and Tiny Lives.

Appearing on BBC Look North last weekend
It all started last weekend when the crew from BBC Look North turned our living room into a studio and were interviewing Kirsty and I, and filming Islay, on a rang of topics from Tiny Lives and their new film (starring Islay) to my Iron Butt fundraising efforts.

Online version of the Newcastle Evening Chronicle Article
The next appearance was mid-week, when (a young looking) Islay and I made page 13 of the Newcastle Evening Chronicle. This article focused less on the recent film and more on Kirsty and I's much needed fundraising activities for Tiny Lives. As I'm sure you know by now I'm doing my Iron Butt challenge this summer, and my wife Kirsty is running 365 miles in 365 days finishing with the Great North Run in September. 
 
Waiting to be interviewed at BBC Radio Newcastle
Finally, last Friday we all spent the morning at BBC Radio Newcastle's studios recording an interview with Jon Harle for the 'Today's North East' programme due to be aired on Monday. It was great to spend a few hours as a family promoting a superb charity in Tiny Lives which has had such a big impact on our family. 

It was until Friday night when we were home and Islay was tucked up in bed that I took a moment to realise how lucky we are. Without the help of the staff on Ward 35 and the amazing work of Tiny Lives, I dare not to think about where we would be as a family. There are many a family who never get the chance to take their baby home from special care which makes me even more grateful for the help Islay got. But even in these horrific times Tiny Lives fund a bereavement counselor and other services to help families in their darkest hour.  

As you can see I've been working really hard to get the word out about the amazing work that Tiny Lives do (thanks to Liz W for your contacts and advice) and I'm going to keep plugging on right up until I set off in July.

If you'd like to support Tiny Lives and my ride you can donate some much needed funds on my Virgin money giving page. No sum too small.

Thanks for reading.

Ride safe.

Gordon

Comments

Popular Posts