What next: The Results

Hello,

Thanks for tuning in to my blog!

I'm currently planing my next charity motorbike challenge, which will raise money for the charity Tiny Lives who supported my little girl Islay when she was born. Islay turned 1 this week which means this time last year was being cared for on the Special Care Baby Unit at the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle. What a difference a year makes...


In my last blog I detailed the different options for my next ride which I asked you, my lovely readers, to help me decide. I also spent a bit too much time on Paint making them into 'Top Trumps'.



Thanks to all those who voted and let me know their thoughts. All of the options will be a challenge and its my goal to complete all of them, some day, but your votes and my thoughts will take me through the next few years.

So... THE RESULTS ARE IN!


In 4th place is Arctic Ride: Trans Siberian Highway -  The 9,000 mile ultra long distance ride didn't appeal to those who voted taking a slim 6% of the votes.

In 3rd place is The Mongol Rally - Maybe it was the £1,000 entry fee, maybe it was the thought that a 125cc bike wouldn't hold my weight for 6,000 miles but either way only 12% of the votes went the way of this ride through Europe and Asia.

In joint 1st place is Arctic Ride: Adventure Alaska (Dalton Highway)  and Iron Butt Challenge - UK end to end - Both of these options came in with exactly the same number of votes, each gaining 41% of the the total. This is a clear indication that those who voted leaned more towards me doing 'shorter' more intense rides.

The Announcement 

So that's the voting over and I can now officially announce my plans!

In 2016 I will attempt the Iron Butt Challenge - UK end to end - This is to ride the length of UK, from Lands End in Cornwall 874 miles to John O'Groats in the Scottish Highlands in less than 24 hours. All to raise money for charity Tiny Lives.

And before 2020 I will attempt the Arctic Ride: Adventure Alaska (Dalton Highway) riding one of the worlds most dangerous roads deep in Arctic Alaska, again for Tiny Lives.



And that's it for now. Over the coming months there will be plenty more information, pictures, and videos on the blog including more on Islay's story, more about Tiny Lives the charity, and of course my preparations for the Iron Butt Challenge next year.

Thanks for reading.

Ride safe.

Gordon

Comments

Popular Posts