On the road in Norway... Valdresflye Plateau

Greetings,

Welcome to the Arctic Rider blog, and thanks for reading.

First of all, since my last blog I finally got around to closing my giving page after all post-ride donations and DVD sales had been collected. The final total including gift aid that will go to brain injury charity Cerebra is £5,001.58... DOUBLE my target. THANK YOU so much to everyone who donated and supported me, it wouldn't have happened without you.

Final total of £5,001.58 raised for Cerebra from my ride the Arctic

This certainly isn't the last from me and my charity motorbike causes, I'll be announcing my next adventure for 2016 very soon.

Sticking with Arctic Ride 2014, the DVD is still available (in very limited quantities) to buy and is available on eBay (click here)


Now I've mentioned many (many) times on this blog how amazed I was by Norway and it's roads. If I'd known they were going to be such great biking roads, I'd have been there a lot sooner. Even if you are not a biker the scenery, people, and culture of Norway is something that cannot be missed.

The website BoredPanda.com summed up pretty well the 24 reasons why Norway should be your next travel destination and I have to say I must agree. However, even though they included the Trollstigen Pass (see my video of riding up the Trollstigen by clicking here) and Geirangerfjord, they missed out one of my favorite places in Norway, the Valdresflye Plateau. Valdresflye is one of the highest passes in central Norway with some breathtaking views. It wasn't part of my original planned route through central Norway on my way to the Arctic, but my friend Hans convinced my to take the extra miles on the chin and ride with him over the pass... well worth the extra miles and extra hours on the road.

As with most of my trip to the Arctic, I captured the ride over Valdresflye on my GoPro and condensed the few hours riding into a 2 minute and 39 second video. Check it out below (mobile device users - Click here).


Please leave any comments and give my video a like on YouTube.

That is all for this blog. As always thanks for reading and supporting! You can follow me on Facebook and Twitter.

Stay tuned for my 2016 trip announcement.

Ride safe.

Gordon

Comments

Popular Posts