6 months on... 8 months to go

Hello!

Welcome to the latest Arctic Ride blog!

Thanks again for tuning in to the latest update on the preparation for my 6,000 mile solo endurance charity motorbike ride to the Arctic Circle.

For those of you who are new to the blog and what I am doing I have a short promo video (just over 2 minutes) which tells you all about what I am doing. See below or click on this LINK



So what have I been up to this week? Well its been a pretty quiet one to be honest.

I've spend most of the time taking stock of what has happened over the last 6 months since I announced that I was heading to the Arctic to raise money for Cerebra. I'm pleased to say that I think I've come a long way in 6 months. I've managed to get a new motorbike, several companies on-board, raise £375 for Cerebra already, and I've acquired a base of followers and companies who are keeping me motivated and on track to make it to the Arctic Circle in May & June of next year.

For all of this I am very thankful and motivated but I have a feeling this is also a kind of cross-roads. To use a football analogy, I feel like my beloved Newcastle United who, at the end of the 1995/96 season when they finished 2nd in the Premier League, were oh so close to winning the Premier League title. At this point they could have said "Well lads we've done ok, best but settle for what have and not push Manchester United for another season" but they didn't! They went and spent a world record fee on the best striker on the planet and really went for it!

Now I'm not saying I'm going to spend £15 million on my trip or have Alan Shearer come with me (always worth an email though) but I feel like I have a massive opportunity to build on what I have and really make a big push on to the next level... raise my profile, and untimely raise even more money for Cerebra.

The first step of this big push was getting my promo video, show above, of the line (I'm sounding like Alan Pardew on transfer deadline day) and I did this with the help of MPH studios. Now I have it I know something that can grab the attention of companies and individuals more than any press release or photo pack could. Over the next few weeks I'm really going to spend the time and target some more companies and media outlets to try and get them to buy into my Arctic Ride.

I want to say a massive thanks to everyone who is reading this blog, watching my YouTube videos, reading my tweets, and liking me on Facebook. All I can ask is that you keep doing this and to tell you friends, colleagues, and anyone you can what I am doing and why I am doing it!

Many thanks for reading.

Ride safe.

Gordon

Comments

Popular Posts