Robbie to News Reader

Greetings,

Thanks again for logging on and reading my blog.

Robbie and Gordon

How quickly are the weeks going at the moment? It only seems yesterday since I started planning the trip and now it's less than a year to go until lift off. I hope you have been able to keep up with my 'This time next year...' blogs. As this time next year I will be on my adventure, I thought I would give you a taster of my plans  and where I will be visiting. If you haven't had a chance to read them yet you can use the 'Blog Archive' links on the right hand panel of the site.

So this week I was lucky enough to be asked for another interview to talk about my trip. This time it was from Garrison and Ralph at Those Diner and Motorcycle Guys. As they are based across the pond I spoke with Garrison on Thursday evening (midday for Garrison) via Skype to record my interview before it was aired on Saturday morning on BlogTalkRadio in the live Those Diner and Motorcycle Guys show. If you didn't get a chance to hear it you can listen to the podcast of the show here. My interview starts around the 39 minute mark.

My wife Kirsty and I spent Saturday afternoon hanging out with my little brother Robbie (the inspiration for my trip). We decided to make another video for YouTube after the great feedback we got after Robbie's interview about Arctic Ride. This time Robbie again interviewed me about my trip but we turned this into a News show. You can see it below here.


Hopefully over the past few weeks you will have seen that my YouTube channel has now got some videos on and as the weeks go on you will see more and more videos on there. You can support me by subscribing to my channel and viewing my videos. All money raised through the adverts on my YouTube Channel are going towards the funds for my trip so the more you watch the more fuel I'll have in my bike :)

Two new videos from this week are my interview with BBC Newcastle and my run out to Scotland last weekend where the lads and I had a rather funny encounter with some Japanese tourists :) well worth a watch. Click on the links to view.

Finally, this week I received a letter from the House of Commons, and no they haven't asked me to be Chancellor of the Exchequer yet. The letter was from my local MP Alan Campbell who has agreed to back my trip and support me. Its great to know that people from all walks of life are supporting me, whether they are a paramedic from the USA, an IT geek who sits round the corner from me in my office or a respected member of a political party.

Thanks again for reading and please keep spreading the word and following me on my social networks and if  its just been payday and you can spare some cash please donate to a great cause. All links below:

Twitter - 'Follow' @arcticride2014
Facebook - 'Like' Arctic Ride 2014
YouTube - 'Subscribe' - Arctic Ride 2014

Donations - With 100% going to charity Cerebra
CLICK HERE TO DONATE

Ride Safe,

Gordon

Comments

Popular Posts